Thursday, November 18, 2010

Turkey or Roo?

American Thanksgiving is one week away. Since I'm still in the "nesting" phase of our move, I feel the need to rush to the market every day to stock our fridge and pantry, not to mention buy all the necessary ingredients for next week's festivities. Ricky and I will be celebrating our first Thanksgiving away from our families and away from home. We are making this our home for now.

Today I bought the very last frozen turkey at the market. It's Nov. 18 and these are "Christmas turkeys" Once this stock runs out, that's it. You snooze you lose. Or choose an alternative meat... Kangaroo perhaps? Yes, Aussies eat Roo..... That's for another post (Ricky and I have yet to try). So anyway, I bought our first turkey. And SPED ALL THE WAY home. It's 36 degrees out (a whoopin 97 degrees Fahrenheit). I'm in fear of our precious bird defrosting.

Sad note. No canned pumpkin to be found anywhere in Perth...

No comments:

Post a Comment