Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

After numerous trips to the market, uncountable google searches and long conversations with my mom, I figured out how to make Thanksgiving dinner here in Australia. I feel very old fashioned... substituting polenta for cornmeal, pureeing an actual pumpkin (the Libby's can is nonexistent in Australia) and converting Celsius to Fahrenheit every time I turn the oven on.  Woolworth's (Reasor's of OZ) doesn't carry anything I actually need for a traditional American feast, so my creativity is running wild! Not to mention, I'm using only rental pots and pans, not my spankin' new Le Creuset ....

Well ready or not, it's here! Enjoy your turkey dinner as we will be feasting in Perth. Missing the family and giving thanks! xoxoxo

Pics of our 1st turkey dinner (all by ourselves) will come soon, for now...enjoy some vintage Thanksgiving pics!










No comments:

Post a Comment