Saturday, August 6, 2011

Just an Ordinary Week

It was a pretty ordinary week for Ricky and me. He was working really hard...12+ hrs at the office every day! I was running and cooking every day, which are my favorite things to do! But I felt a bit lonely and far away from home. Skype chats with Leslie, Fal and Adele really helped though! I'm definitely missing my peeps! (Countdown for trip 2 to the states is underway. 5 weeks to go!)

I took a Spanish seafood cooking class on Sunday, which was a birthday gift from Ricky. I learned how to make sauteed calamari, traditional fish stew and churrrros! Churros are fried, sugary and delicious! They remind me of sopapillas, which nobody in the class had heard of . I almost died! Love me some Casa Laredo ... ha ... My next class is Moroccan. I'll snap some pics to share my experience. Should be interesting and challenging!

On a whim, I ran down to the beach for sunset on Thursday, which was my mom and dad's 32nd anniversary. My mom *LOVES* sunsets (probably an understatement). The minute I arrived at the beach and saw the beautiful Indian Ocean, I was instantly comforted! 

We're also in the middle of planning a vacation for October. The Queen's birthday is at the end of the month so of course there's a public holiday. We are taking advantage of Ricky's time off and will jet set it to some remote island.... Maldives is probably the destination!

We are very close to booking at the Waldorf Astoria Beach House!


Although I was a lil lonely during the week, we were off and running once the weekend came! Pizza and wine Friday night with the hubs is always a treat! Then off to brunch at the Naked Fig (my fav) with our friends Ashley and Bill. And Saturday night we scooted down to The Village Bar (another fav) with our newlywed friends Paul and Yanna.  Too much champagne......

I'm thankful to live this charmed life in Perth! The *ONLY* thing it's missing is *YOU*!





1 comment:

  1. We miss you to Mo!! Hopefully Alex and I can start planning a trip for 2012! Oh and when you get back to the states for good you are obligated to be my PT :)

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete