Friday, August 12, 2011

City 2 Surf

The weather has been ideal for running outdoors! I'm normally a treadmill runner (gasp). But when Adele came to visit in July, she encouraged me to hit the pavement! She pushed me to run faster and longer. I was definitely stuck in a yogging rut and this half-marathoner got me out!

Since she left, I've only run on the treadmill twice. (It was pouring rain/lightening and I was miserably watching every minute that ticked by.)



Everyday I pick a new route to run and push myself to go farther and faster each time. I'm never bored by the gorgeous scenery here (the beautiful Kings Park, the beach trail or along the Swan River). And the weather is perfect ... 60s and sunny!

I signed up for Perth's City to Surf run. It starts downtown Perth and ends on the beautiful beaches of City Beach. I've been running about 5-7 miles most days so I opted for the 12km (7.5 mi) not the half marathon. Not slacking I promise! The half marathon is a rigorous climb literally...Massive hills ... one helluva struggle so I've heard. And the race is in 2 weeks. Not quite enough training time to jump from running 7 to 13!

Wish me luck on August 28!!!

(oh and Ricky is still working 12+ hr days .....)







No comments:

Post a Comment