Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Holidays are Hard Away From Home ...

We've found holidays are hard when you're away from home. For instance, on Christmas Ricky and I HAD to slum it on the beach with champagne and muffins. But today, I've found that Cinco de Mayo is by far the loneliest holiday. No one in Australia understands the meaning of this very special day. Who is going to slam back chips, queso and margaritas with me?! Not to mention fight the crowd at the local favorite Tex Mex joint? We'll have to create a party of our own.


By the way - if you're looking for the best margarita recipe, I'll give you mi padre's famous concoction. But in exchange, you have to promise me you'll have one with me next time we are together! 


One can frozen limeade
One can beer (of any sorts really, however a Mexican beer like Corona always fits the bill)
Half to one can tequila (amount of tequila depends on the crowd. I recommend Don Julio or anything 100% agave)
Fresh limes
Ice


Place all ingredients into blender. Salt the rim of the glass if that suits you!



¡OlĂ©!








2 comments:

  1. Yumm!! I always put beer in my margs too! Takes away some of the sweet and sour taste. Wish we could celebrate Cinco with ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Cinco de Mayo!!! Woop! No worries. Riley and I will bring the fiesta to you and we can re-celebrate this glorious holiday! Don't be sad. I will have several marjs for you and Ricky this evening. Miss you mucho!!

    ReplyDelete